cPanel Hosting allows you to take care of daily administrative tasks like maneuvering emails by creating and managing email accounts, resetting passwords and setting mail forwards.
CPanel Hosting enables its users to create & download backup archives from their websites. It also supports uploading & managing files, managing add-on domains, FTP, and security measures as well.
What makes cPanel Hosting popular with web professionals?
cPanel hosting is a favorite with web professionals because of its simple GUI (graphic user interface). Its GUI allows users to manage the files with ease. If you are not using a website builder and are looking to avoid the hassle of managing system admins, cPanel is a great choice.
In this article, you will know what are features and advantages of cPanel web hosting and what makes it a preferred choice for managing web hosting.
Advantages of cPanel Hosting
cPanel Hosting is extremely popular for shared hosting services. It is also famous for day to day administration tasks for VPS hosting and Dedicated hosting Servers. Here are some of the main advantages:
- Extremely Popular and Not Exotic – cPanel is pretty much an industry-standard control panel for Linux hosts.
- Scaleable – cPanel can be used for shared hosting, reseller hosting, Virtual Private Servers, and Dedicated Servers.
- For Resellers, VPS and Dedicated Servers the Cpanel server administration is performed via the WHM cPanel interface.
- Low Cost – cPanel licenses are not expensive. If you are on a shared hosting platform then your hosting company (i.e. Pickaweb) will pay for the license.
- Few Licensing limitations – Unlike some hosting control panels cPanel does not have any limits of the number of sites that can be used with one license.
- Easy to install – Once your Linux Server installation is set up you just need to run the cPanel installation script
- Secure and Easy to Maintain – Keeping cPanel up to date and secure is very straightforward.
- Intuitive and Easy to Use – cPanel has a gentle learning curve and whilst it has advanced features, beginners will find it easy to perform the main tasks like creating email accounts
- Fully Featured – cPanel allows website administrators to quickly add extra functionality to their websites. Adding a blog or eCommerce software is very straight forward.
- Portability (Easy Migration Process) – Migrating from one cPanel server to another is extremely easy. This is important if you need to transfer your hosting from one supplier to another.
- Easy to Back Up – cPanel includes a number of backup options to protect your valuable data. It also integrates seamlessly with 3rd party backup software.
- Value-Added Services – cPanel has loads of 3rd Party Applications that can be included to add value to your service offering if you are using a VPS or Dedicated Server.
- Includes Advanced Features –cPanel also offers plenty of advanced features such as managing DNS records, setting up databases, etc.